We are delighted to say that CALM is re-opening and we are starting to welcome families once again for assessments. We have adapted the way we work with families and children in line with both government guidelines and advice from our in-house COVID response team. The information below explains the changes we have made.
- Only one adult is now allowed to accompany each child to CALM, and you should not bring other children with you unless your circumstances are such that this is not possible.
- We will call you to confirm 1 to 2 days your visit and ask some standard COVID screening questions. Assuming your household is symptom-free, the appointment will go ahead.
- You will need to bring with you any food, drinks, or entertainment items (books/magazines/toys) you would like during your visit. We cannot provide refreshments.
- At our Main Reception, you will be asked to use the hand washing station, and any person aged 11 or over will be asked to put on a face mask that we provide (unless they are exempt).
- You will be asked some COVID screening questions and have your temperature checked before the session starts.
- We have removed all communal and unnecessary items from the CALM building to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Your child will complete their assessment in a clean room in the CALM building with a researcher. Both the researcher and any child over the age of 11 will be asked to wear a visor for the duration of the session.
- We are using visors rather than masks during the session to allow them to see each other’s faces and understand each other more easily.
- We have arranged the testing space to allow for social distancing between the tester and child during all activities.
- The testing space is cleaned between testing sessions, and all surfaces and items touched by children are disinfected.
- We are reimbursing families £80 for their time, and covering travel expenses. Payment will be made via bank transfer, rather than cash, and can take 4-6 weeks.
COVID Testing Sites near Cambridge
- staff of the University of Cambridge, its colleges, Cambridge Assessment and Cambridge University Press
scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the staff link – you will need your raven login details to access the information
- students and postgraduates